Enjoy the spectacular beauty of Southern India by touring through Karnataka and Kerala. Your tour will take in wonderful historic sites, spectacular wildlife and beautiful tropical beaches as well as the backwaters of Kerala.
Day 1. Your Tours starts in Bangalore
- Your driver will collect you at a convenient location and your adventure will begin.
- Drive to the historic city of Mysore
- On route stop at the Tipu Sultan’s summer palace and his mausoleum and learn about this colourful character.
- Book into your hotel in Mysore
Day 2: Mysore
- Collect your official, English speaking, guide
- Visit the Chamundi hills and view the historic Hindu Temple at the top. View the ancient statue of Nandi (the bull) carved from the hillside rock.
- Visit Mysore palace – the grand, former residence of the rulers of Mysore
- If you have the energy, vist the lively vegetable market and maybe buy some Indian sweets
Day 3: Mysore to Nagarhole National Park
- Leave your hotel and travel to the Nagarhole Tiger reserve
- Have lunch at your lodge before taking a jeep safari into the national park. Nagarhole offers good tiger, leopard and elephant sightings as well as many other animals.
- All your meals are included whilst staying at this lodge
Day 4: Nagarhole National Park
- Morning and evening jeep safari
- Morning and evening jeep safari
- Morning Safari
- After Lunch leave for your next destination
Day 7, 8 & 9: Thalassery
- Travel over the Western Gatts to the Kerala coast.
- Check in to your home stay which is located right by the beach
- Over the next three days
- enjoy the beach which is often deserted, and the sea temperature is 27C. A wonderfully relaxing place to be.
- Other options include historic sites nearby. The first Europeans came to this area in around 1500.
- Fish market, etc.
Day 10: Bandapur National Park
- Travel to your luxurious accommodation, complete with swimming pool, just outside the National park. All meals are included in your package.
- Take an afternoon Safari
Day 11 & 12:
- Morning and afternoon Safaris
Day 13: Coimbatoire
- Travel across the Western Ghats and overnight in your four star hotel
Day 14: Munnar Hill station
- Enjoy the spectacular scenery of this hill station with tea plantations as far as the eye can see.
Day 15: Munnar
- Visit the tea museum and watch the production process and learn about the different types of tea..
Day 16: Periyar.
- Stop at a spice plantation on route. It is amazing the range of plants that can be grown in the wonderfully productive climate. Treat yourself to some fresh spices to take back home.
- Visit Periyar national Park and take a boat tour. Viewing of animals is excellent as they come to the water to drink
Day 17 to Day 20: Kumarakom Backwaters
- Check in to your Homestay on the banks of the backwater canal.
- Over the next three nights enjoy the local area. Activities include:
- Cruises on the backwaters
- Local craft making
- Toddy Bar and Toddy making
Day 21 to Day 23: Ernakulum.
- End your holiday in a luxurious home stay located on the edge of the backwaters. This is a beautiful and secluded place with a swimming pool. All meals are provided and the cuisine is world class,
- Activities include;
- Tours by motorboat of the backwaters
- Bird watching and photography in the local Area
- Travel in to Ft Cochin for a tour of the old city. Including a visit to the church where Vasco Da Gama was buried.
Day 24: Fly home
- Take the 30 minute journey for your flight home or to your next destination
- Bed and breakfast hotels and home stays – twin or double rooms
- Other meals as specified above
- A car and driver from day 1 to day 17 (after that your home stay host will arrange transport for you).
- Your driver/ guide will support you throughout the trip and ensure everything goes smoothly for you. He will find restaurants, guide you through shopping trips, provide background information etc.
- Safaris as specified above
- Boat ride in Periyar National Park.
- Flights to and from the starting and end points of the tour
£2100 /person based on four people sharing the 7 seat car
- 50% deposit must be paid at least three months before the trip starts.
- Later bookings may not be possible (particularly to the parks) and will incur extra cost.